Saturday, July 3, 2010

Blueberry Lemon Upside Down Cake :3 yum



I was watching food network last night, and It was an episode of Throw down with Bobby Flay where he goes and challenges people. In this episode, it was two cute grannies making pineapple upside down cake. The images on tv made my mouth water, and I wanted some so bad! So, I was thinking, there's still a bunch of blueberries in my fridge from the last time I went picking! *light bulb* I should make a BLUEBERRY LEMON UPSIDE DOWN CAKE! I immediately searched some recipes online, knowing I wanted it to be pretty simple. I decided on using boxed cake mix vs. making it from scratch to save on some time. BLUEBERRY LEMON UPSIDE DOWN CAKE

Ingredients
  • 1 box of yellow cake mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/3 cups water
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 2 teaspoon lemon extract
  • 2 cups blueberries
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • bundt pan or any kind of cake pan

    1. First make the cake according to the directions on the box.
    2. Add lemon extract and stir it in a bit.

    3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F

    4. Spray baking pan with nonstick spray.

    5. Sprinkle brown sugar in the bottom of the pan.

    6. Spread blueberries on top of brown sugar. (sry forgot to take a pic of the berries on top!)
    7. Pour the cake batter into the pan on top of berries.

    8. Bake for 37 - 42 min (for bundt pan)
    9. When done, take out and cool for about 10 minutes.

    10. Flip the cake out onto a plate, and enjoy! :3



    Look how amazing the blueberries came out!
    Cake + Vanilla Icecream = yummy in my tummy

No comments:

Post a Comment