Monday, January 31, 2011

Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies!


CONFESSION: I have an obsession with dark chocolate. I just love the bitterness with the powerful chocolate flavor coating my tongue. I just can't get enough of it! Every weekend I watch my nephew, and he is the pickiest eater I've ever met. The only foods that I know he never refuses are desserts. After convincing him to finish a bowl of fried rice... plain fried rice with eggs only (can't forget the soy sauce now). I told him he could help me bake some cookies! The recipe was originally adapted from All Recipes: The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies . I just tweaked it slightly by adding the dark choc.

Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 cup bittersweet dark chocolate chunks

    1. Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F, so you can just pop the cookies right in
    2. Sift the dry ingredients together (flour, salt, baking soda)


    3. In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients (brown sugar, white sugar, and vegetable oil) until smooth

    4. Add in eggs one at a time
    5. Add almond and vanilla extracts

    6. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients a little at a time


    7. Add bittersweet dark chocolate chunks

    8. Line cookie sheet with wax paper
    9. I used an ice cream scoop to drop the cookies on the sheet
    10. then flatten them a little


    11. bake for 10 minutes
    12. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment